Nov 13, 2023, 06:51 PM IST
Direct contact with camphor can cause skin irritation, redness, and itching. It's crucial to dilute it with carrier oil when applying topically to avoid such reactions.
Inhaling camphor fumes or using camphor-based products with strong odours can lead to breathing difficulties, coughing, and throat irritation. It can be particularly harmful for individuals with respiratory conditions like asthma.
Ingesting camphor, even in small amounts, can result in nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. In severe cases, it may lead to poisoning.
Camphor's strong scent can trigger headaches and migraines in sensitive individuals.
Ingesting large amounts of camphor can lead to seizures, which is a medical emergency.
Prolonged or excessive use of camphor-containing products may harm the liver. It's crucial to use them sparingly and under supervision.
Some individuals may be allergic to camphor and experience skin rashes, hives, or anaphylactic reactions when exposed.